Royal Astronomical Society of Canada Victoria Centre
Annual General Meeting and Dinner
Sunday, November 16, 2014
at the Moon Under Water Brewpub, 350 Bay St, Victoria, BC
6:00pm – Drinks, conversation
- No host bar
- If interested there may be a chance to tour the brewery
6:30 – Dinner
Payment -Cost of dinner is $35.00 per person, inclusive of all taxes and gratuities
- Payment is only required for the meal.
- Attendance at both the speaker presentation and the business meeting is free of charge.
- The total number of dinners must be confirmed by Monday, November 10th. Please look over the menu and send your choice of First Course and Main Course to:
- Lauri Roche – 250-652-2361 or text to 250-893-5277 or
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment at the door – by cheque (preferred) or cash
- Meals will be pre-ordered and must be paid for, whether you show up or not
Menu: fixed sit-down meal. Choices:
First Course – choice of soup or salad
- Carrot Ginger Soup
- House salad
Main Course – choice of entrée
- Grilled Pacific salmon filet, served with fresh seasonal vegetables and risotto
- Roast beef served with a Yorkshire pudding, gravy and fresh seasonal vegetables
- Stuffed Portobello mushroom caps, served with Yorkshire pudding, country cream gravy and fresh seasonal vegetable – vegetarian option
Tea, Coffee (regular and decaffeinated) and Dessert buffet service. Specialty coffees available at cost
7:30pm – Speaker – Dr. James Di Francesco
Dr. Francesco will be describing the newest research that is coming out of ALMA, the Atacama Large Meter Array, down in Chile and the latest advances in planetary formation and will bring us up to date with the James Webb Space Telescope. This talk should not be missed!
8:30 pm Annual General Meeting
The agenda will be sent out closer to the meeting date.