The Royal Astronomical Society of Canada and the Royal BC Museum present
International Astronomy Day
at the Royal BC Museum
Saturday, April 29, 2017 10AM to 4PM
Amazing Astronomical Activities for all Ages!
Poster (425k PDF) – please spread the word and stick a reminder on your fridge
All Astronomy Day activities are FREE and available to the general public. Membership in RASC is not required.
Regular admission applies to Royal BC Museum and IMAX Theatre.
Royal BC Museum – 10AM to 4PM
675 Belleville Street, Victoria
- Interactive activities and displays both inside and outside
- View the Sun safely through solar telescopes on the plazaa
- Telescope mirror grinding – inside
- Astrophotography – inside
- Hands-on activities for the kids – inside
- Presentations in Newcombe Auditorium
- 11:00 AM We Are Not Alone: The Search For Alien Life In The Universe by Dr. Jon Willis
- 12:00 PM Space Suite I: A series of short space videos accompanied by music. Produced by the Knowledge Network
- 1:00 PM The Greatest Show On Earth by Eclipse Enthusiast Michael Webb
- 2:00 PM Archaeology With The Stars by Dr. Kim Venn
- 3:00 PM Space Suite II: A series of short space videos accompanied by music. Produced by the Knowledge Network
Centre of the Universe and the Observatory – 7:30PM to 11PM
Observatory Hill, 5071 West Saanich Road, Saanich
- Plaskett telescope tours
- Observing through telescopes
- 8PM – The Newly Discovered Trappist-1 System & the Quest to Finding Habitable Planets in the Solar Neighborhood by Dr. Christian Marois
- 9PM – TBA
- Only holders of (free) tickets will be admitted to this evening event!
- Reserve your tickets (one week prior to the event)